Air Quality Action Items and Alerts
What can you do right now?
- Follow the air quality readings for particulate matter (PM) and ozone daily. It’s easy; just click the links on our home page. What do you notice when we experience wildfires in the region, or open burning in certain areas of the valley, or inversion periods in the colder months?
- Share your concerns when air quality dissipates by writing a letter to the editor (LTE) to the Daily Sentinel email@example.com In your own words, write about why clean air is important to you and your family. Note the Sentinel limits LTEs to 300 words or less.
- Let our elected officials hear from you about why air quality matters by contacting the Mesa County Commissioners https://www.mesacounty.us/commissioners/, the Grand Junction City Council http://www.gjcity.org/city-government/city-council/, the Palisade Board of Trustees, and the Fruita City Countil https://www.fruita.org/citycouncil/page/council-members
- VOTE in November for the candidate who best represents your values, including air quality and climate change policies.
- Support our work by following updates on our website and be sure to attend the annual Air Quality Public Forum (in 2018 on March 11). You are welcome to sit in on one of our regular working meetings as well. Contact us for dates, times and location.
- Donate towards our efforts to improve the Grand Valley air quality.
- Watch this page for upcoming requests for action regarding the Fram Whitewater oil drilling plans!
- Watch this page for continuing efforts to save the BLM Methane Waste Reduction Rule!